Work With Comb-Electrode On The Head
Aljoshin S. V., Rostov-on-Don, Russia
The attempts to treat the brain and disturbances of its functions with electrical impulses exist from the moment mankind got acquainted with electricity. Special attention to electrostimulation of the brain is a characteristic feature of the 20th Century. Tremendous investigation on architectonics of the cerebral cortex and direct electrostimulation of the brain (immediate introduction of electrodes in different parts of the brain) was carried out. Transcutaneous stimulation was actively applied. But even up to this moment a fully accomplished, physiological, simple and accessible methodics for treatment of the CNS does not exist.
SCENAR permits the recovery (in different degrees) of some of the functions of the CNS in case no brain sections were irreversibly damaged (i.e. necrosis). But “dead” zones are always surrounded by, if not healthy, at least functioning sections of the brain, which partly take up the functions of the damaged ones. In this case the SCENAR influence permits the functioning parts to fulfill more effective neuron interaction. “Computer cleanup” i.e. normalization and regulation of the neuron interactions is accomplished during the process of influence. Normalization of the internal electrical fields in CNS is achieved.
The methodics with shaving the head and searching for the zones by the readings of the device, frequently used in the SCENAR-therapy, is not always suitable. Application of SCENAR therapy (as an ideal electrotreatment) and comb-electrode with the appropriate methodics (in order not to shave everybody) is a possible outcome. The comb-electrode consists of two electrodes: passive (which is held in one hand or is pressed in any way to the body) and active - the comb-electrode itself with isolated handle and good material of the electrode.
Indications for craniotherapy
- Severe diseases, continuous chronic diseases;
- Pathological processes in the brain (inflammatory, vascular, metabolic) i.e. not so much psychological but biological problems;
- Disturbances of the higher nervous activity (disturbances of the memory, cognitive process, etc.) Inadequate behaviour;
- Pathologics of the receptors (sight, hearing, olfaction, co-ordination, etc.);
- Any disease resistant to therapy with presumptive psycosomathic origin;
- Pathogenical inexplicable diseases;
- Abnormal indeces of the head energetics (by Voll’s study)
Effects of the craniotherapy
All effects, typical for the SCENAR-therapy can be achieved, but they can often be of higher quality and expression. Most typical effects:
- betterment of the mood and work capacity, activating vitality;
- improvement of sleep;
- improvement of the activity of sense organs;
- improvement of the higher nervous activity and normalization of the behavioural reactions;
- improvement of the mental capacity;
- normalization of the head energetics (by Voll’s study);
- stimulation of the preserved parts of the brain, partially having taken upon themselves the functions of the damaged zones (at the later periods after the treatment course).
Methodics of treatment in craniotherapy
We choose the energy of the influence so that no unpleasant feelings occur by steady contact with the electrode.
1. We find the zones with increased sensitivity and we work on them most of the time (10-20 min) with or without moving the SCENAR, taking into consideration the dynamics of the feelings (during the procedure and comparing with every other procedure).
2. Work on the projection zones of the brain sections with disturbed function following the existing schemes.
If the patient is able to work with the comb-electrode by himself, after giving him instructions he should work for 10 – 15 minutes (before or after the main procedure on the general zones), in the meantime commenting upon his feelings.
If he cannot work by himself, the whole head should be worked on, taking account of the projection zones of the damaged sections of the CNS, verbal and mimic reactions of the patient.
During the procedure: in the course of the treatment the initial painfulness and the area of the painful zones decreases, sometimes
a change in the place of the painful zones is observed.
During the following procedures: painfulness of the zones decreases and disappears, the tension in the skull muscles decreases.
1. The use of the comb-electrode in addition to the main SKENAR procedure leads to more stable and quick healing results.
2. There is a positive psychological moment – the patient takes an active and creative part in the healing process (where possibilities for self-dependent work exist).
3. The metodics of work is simple enough – the instructions of the patient take only half a minute, high intelligence is not necessary.
4. The effectiveness of the treatment (the decrease of the pain) is obvious both for the practitioner and the patient.
5. The final results can be seen in a period of 2-3 months after the course of treatment (this is a period in which the healing processes in the organism are still continuing).